Monday, March 7, 2011

"If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls, Everyone Would Be A Vegetarian"


     I was beyond terrified after watching this video by PETA starring Paul McCartney. I couldn't stand looking at those pitiful animals being tortured and slaughtered. I did not know that meat production would be this sadistic. As you saw it in the video, the cages were so tiny that they could hardly move around. Chicken couldn't spread a single wing and their sensitive peat were cut off with hot plate that causes pain to them. Chickens and turkey were forcefully packed. Every of the animal's throat were cut too and all the tortures caused stresses to all those animals.

     Honestly, I wasn't really able to watch the entire video. I didn't skip it but I'd rather not watch the video and only listen to what Paul McCartney was saying. It was too hard to watch them being slaughtered. I actually agree to what Paul McCartney said about slaughterhouses having glass walls and everyone would turn vegetarian since all the processes of animals being slaughtered were too horrifying for us people to see. This might be a dumb thing to do, but I somehow did The Role Exchange Test of me being them or their relative. If I were one of the animals, I probably would have been a little happier if I were treated better and be killed in peace instead of being sadistically killed. Animals may don't have feelings like we do, but if they do have feelings, if I was one of their relatives, I would be in deep despair to see humans torture my relative and knowing that I am going to be killed next too. Just an imagination of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment